Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- If you are experiencing an SSO login issue, your first step should be to ensure your browser is fully up to date. Every browser should provide instructions on how to update, but this guide may help you out with some of the most popular browsers.
- Try logging in with a different browser if you continue experiencing problems.
- Some Browser Extensions interfere with SSO protocols, try removing or deactivating your Browser extensions to see if the problem is resolved.
- Clear your Cache
- If possible, attempt to log in on a different computer.
- Check your network connection. Some commonly visited websites may load even without a reliable internet connection. Try opening a website you don't normally visit to ensure it loads normally.
- Ensure you are running on a supported Operating System or Browser.
My SSO is stuck with a spinning circle after I attempt to sign in
If you are seeing a spinning circle when attempting to log in, the best bet is to check your browser and Operating System are up to date. Many SSO providers do not support older operating systems. In particular, Mac users on Yosemite or El Capitan will experience issues when attempting to log in with SSO.
Check your Operating System
Check your SSO provider's System Requirements
Work with your IT team to determine your SSO system requirements. For convenience, some of the most popular SSO provider requirements are listed below.
If your computer does not meet or exceed the SSO provider's system requirements, you'll need to work with your IT team to determine next steps.
I am experiencing a loop when attempting to sign in with SSO
The SSO authentication at Continu confirms a user's timestamps are matching up with their login. If you are set to manual time even a small difference can cause the authentication to fail.
Please ensure your computer's internal clock is set to automatic.
SSO users have blank profiles
If your SSO users have blank profiles, it means the user logged in before their account was created. See the SFTP Troubleshooting Guide for help in troubleshooting this issue.